For Peace of Mind and Safe Travels
Do you know your caravan’s ATM, your car’s GVM and your rig’s GCM? Do those acronyms mean anything to you? Hopefully they are all familiar and you can answer the question. It’s important to understand your aggregate trailer mass, your gross vehicle mass and you combined vehicle mass. These are the weights of your caravan, car and the total rig.
Why would you spend upwards of $100 000.00 on a car and caravan and not check that it is compliant and safe? Whether you are a seasoned traveller wanting to ensure your rig is safe and roadworthy or a complete newbie to caravanning, you need to know your weights are accurate and within limits before you hit the road.
Knowing you are within limits brings peace of mind and it is one less thing to be concerned about as you head off on your travels.
The process is simple:
1. We come to your home and locate a piece of level ground on which to conduct the weighing. If there is nowhere level on your property then it could we worth going to a nearby carpark where there will be space.
2. We recommend you get both van and car filled to the degree you would if you were about to hit the road to simulate actual travel conditions. (There is little point weighing an empty van.)
3. We place 4 scales in line with your caravan tyres and you drive up onto the scales.
4. The scales connect wirelessly to the base unit and we are able to print out an accurate (+- 1kg) measurement of your axle weights.
5. We check your towball down weight.
6. We give you the print out as proof of your current weight and hen compile a spreadsheet for you comparing your weights with the legal limits.
7. We do the same with your car if you wish.
8. We discuss and advise how modifications to weight distribution can be made to ensure compliance.
9. You are now able to travel with peace of mind knowing you have taken the time to ensure your rig is legal and safe.
10. You should now be familiar with the acronymns GVM, ATM and GCM.